There is good access for the disabled to all of our consultation rooms. A designated parking bay is adjacent to the surgery entrance and the surgery has a ramp and wide doors to allow for wheelchair access.
Please let the practice know if you have a disability, impairment or sensory loss, and the kind of information and communication support that you need. This will be noted on your medical records and will help us prepare for the next time you use our services.
At Addingham Medical Centre, we will ask newly registered patients about their specific needs on our registration form. For existing patients, our staff will routinely ask when you visit.
As standard practice, Addingham Medical Centre will:
1. Ask people if they have any information or communication needs, and find out how to meet their needs.
2. Record those needs clearly and in a set way.
3. Highlight or flag the person’s file or notes so it is clear that they have information or communication needs and how to meet those needs.
4. Share people’s information and communication needs with other providers of NHS and adult social care, when they have consent or permission to do so.
5. Take steps to ensure that people receive information which they can access and understand, and receive communication support if they need it.