Patient Online Services
Addingham Medical Centre has enabled its online services through SystmOnline (namely managing appointments, ordering prescriptions and printing off summary information) and is specifically designed to help those patients who have difficulty in contacting the surgery during normal surgery hours. Any patient wishing to take advantage of this service, MUST initially present at the Surgery to register and receive a unique PASSWORD. Photographic proof of identity must be brought with you when registering e.g. drivers licence, or passport. If you would like to register on behalf of another person, written consent and their photo I.D will be required to register them with this service. For those under 16, any proof of identification such as a Birth Certificate will be accepted.
Once registered for these online services, patients will be able to:
- book, view, amend, cancel and print appointments online
- order online, view and print a list of their repeat prescriptions for drugs, medicines or appliances.
- view online, export or print any summary information from their record relating to medications, allergies, adverse reactions and any other items agreed between the practice and individual patient
- print detailed coded information held in their records
View Your Medical Record Online
From the 31st March 2016 you will be able to access a detailed coded version of your medical record online. Just like online banking, you can look at your medical records on a computer, a tablet or a smartphone, using SystmOnline via our website. Being able to see your record online might help you manage your medical conditions and it also means that you can access your record from anywhere in the world should you require medical treatment whilst on holiday.
For further information about this facility please go to:
However, before you apply for online access to your medical record there are some things you need to consider.
- Forgotten medical history
- Abnormal results or bad news
- Choosing to share your information with someone
- Coercion (being pressured into revealing details from your patient record by someone else against your will)
- Misunderstood information
- Information about someone else on your records
Although the chances of any of these things happening are very small, you will be asked that you have read and understood the leaflet 'It's Your Choice' before access to this facility is granted.
Please click here for the 'It's Your Choice' Patient Leaflet
Should you wish to be given login details for your online medical record please contact Reception. Proof of identity must be brought with you when registering e.g. utility bill, drivers licence or passport.
If you already have a username and password as you currently book appointments and/or order repeat medication online you won't need a new password but will have to request that the medical record facility is added to your other online services.
We are publicising and promoting our online services to our practice's patients through the practice website, practice waiting room leaflets, posters and the Patient Participation Group.
Please click here to access the online services: