What is Pharmacy First?
Pharmacy First is primarily a service to support and improve self-care. It has been commissioned by Airedale, Wharfedale and Craven CCG to provide the local population with rapid access to a pharmacist who can give self-care advice on a range of minor ailments. This will release capacity in general practice and provide an appropriate alternative to the use of general practice or other health care environment (i.e. A&E, Out of Hours Urgent Care).
Pharmacists can help you if you have the following conditions:
- Athlete's Foot
- Blocked Nose
- Cough or cold
- Ear Ache
- Hay fever
- Sore Throat
- Sprains or strains
- Teething Pain
Are you eligible for this Service?
You must be:
- Registered with a GP Surgery in Airedale Wharfedale and Craven CCG
- Present to the pharmacy (for children under 16, the parent or guardian must also attend)
- Be Exempt from prescription charges
- Currently suffering from a minor ailment which is included in the service
- Agree to sharing details of the consultation with your registered GP
If you are NOT eligible, or who are unable/unwilling to give consent to share your details you can still be offered over the counter advice/sale or advised to contact your GP surgery.
Most Pharmacies within Airedale, Wharfedale and Craven are participating in this scheme - for a list of those participating, please click here: Pharmacy First Pharmacies